- Hector Rene Membreno-Canales
- Dhwani Mehta
- U / G
- Lab Fee
- Per-term $75 fee after Add Date; SMACT students are exempt
- 3-3-6 or 3-3-3
- MW 2-5
Introduction to Photography and Related Media (Spring 2023)
4.341 / 4.342
Introduces history and contemporary practices in artistic photography through projects, lectures, artist visits, group discussions, readings, and field trips. Fosters visual literacy and aesthetic appreciation of photography/digital imaging, as well as critical awareness of how images in our culture are produced and constructed. Provides instruction in the fundamentals of different camera formats, film exposure and development, lighting, black and white darkroom printing, and digital imaging. Assignments allow for incorporation of a range of traditional and experimental techniques, development of technical skills, and personal exploration. Throughout the term, present and discuss projects in a critical forum.
Additional work required of students taking the graduate version.
- Prerequisites: permission of instructor
- Restricted Elective: BSA, BSAD, D minor
- HASS: A/E
- Can Be Repeated for Credit: No
- For more information contact: Dhwani Mehta (TA)