contact and locations
ACT administrative offices are located in the Wiesner Building (E15) at 20 Ames Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts, near Kendall Square. By MBTA subway, take the red line to the Kendall/MIT stop. Follow Main Street west to Ames Street. Turn left and walk one block to the cross walk. By car, coming across the Longfellow Bridge or from Memorial Drive, follow signs for Kendall Square. Limited metered parking is available on Ames Street. A parking garage is located at the Cambridge Center complex (entrance on Ames between Main and Broadway) during business hours. After business hours or on weekends it is permitted to park in unattended MIT parking lots.
Map: Building E15
The following public parking facilities are within close proximity to the Wiesner Building (E15); 20 Ames Street. Please call the garage for current rates.
- 4 Cambridge Center, enter from Ames St. or Broadway, 617.225.0830
- 5 Cambridge Center, East Garage (Ames St./Broadway), 617.621.3115
- 7 Cambridge Center, West Garage (Ames St./Galileo Way), 617.621.3115
- 10 Cambridge Center, North Garage (Binney St. off Broadway), 617.621.3115
Free parking may be available on weekends and after 5 PM on weekdays. The following two parking lots are open, unattended and shared by the Institute. We therefore cannot guarantee availability, but we recommend checking them before proceeding to one of the pay lots.
- E-51 Lot – From Memorial Drive, turn onto Wadsworth Street and take the first left onto Amherst Street. The lot is the first left, at the top of a ramp.
- Hayward Lot – From Memorial Drive, turn onto Wadsworth Street and take the first left onto Amherst Street. Take the first right onto Hayward Street — the lot is located on the left.